Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Beginning with frish eyes

all is well in getting ready to marry world. also on the horizon may be a move to beautiful islands in the Pacific Ocean that are currently characterized as being a state in the union of fifty which makes up the USA. No more clues. Pretty exciting. Also yesterday I took pictures of the little squirrel statues that are on a book shelf and incorporated the blue-glass wine bottle into some funky shots. I take way too many pictures and haven't the funds to develop them, so I must learn how to use the technology of home production with the scanner that is still in the box. It makes a nice rest for mail and hats right now. Still haven't felt at home completely here after a few months and now we are looking to leave and so all the better I suppose. I will miss the incessant conveniences here in the city but will have to find a way to get over them and come back into a different type of reality. It is amazing how many different realities co-exist simultaneously, and yet there are certain laws which apply to all. Like everyone likes good sparkling wine, not the kind that gives you a hangover. And- if you call it champagne, it still tastes as good or better even if it isn't from France. Wine is from all over the place, and thankfully the people who made the first wine didn't say that if the same drink was made somewhere else than they couldn't call it wine. Because that would be ridiculous.

You know, today I realized what being lazy is: Its when you have to brush your teeth but you eat mint chocolate chip ice cream instead.


Speaking of monkeys swinging on vines, I watched some rock group Phish video footage on youtube today and it was neat to see some of their millennium concert in Big Cypress Florida. I wondered how the Native Americans reacted to such a scene. What an insane event. Yet, during guitarist Trey Anastasio's interview with Charlie Rose, it was actually quite humbly put in a sincere way that he and drummer Jon Fishman realized after an all night set at the 2000 beginning, that it was time to call it quits. I had a lot of fun at some of the Phish shows I saw. Also made some bad mistakes at some. But it was fun and the electric vibe was so contagious just watching some of the footage brought me back. Maybe I am getting old. I am glad to not crave that insanity though. For the most part anyhow. It was alive and raw, melting and vivacious, complex and a hoot. And just great music, the kind that really connects to the universe at large and small. Or at least makes its best attempt to and succeeds frequently. So apparently that event was on to behold in a special way, and for the 70,000 people there I am sure a good 25,000 remember the event and will hold it dear in their hearts.


So as loose ends tie together like a pair laces on beat up sneakers, I look bak in my life before a great new step forward. And unlike a substance induced memory loss, I am sure that the upcoming event of wedding will provide ample anxiety and nerves which will change the event from one of distinct memories into a memory of overall feeling, one of love.
That is unless the brownies catch fire and burn hair which will make the smell drive people out into the water in their fancy get-ups and lead to hysterical crying and drunken madness. But I think it'll be just fine. I will make sure that the wedding brownies are baked on low so as to not burn the hair in the chocolate sauce.
Everything is going to be juuust fine.

1 comment:

jacey y said...

What? You don't accept comments?